Sunday 20 December 2015

Colour testing Daisy Meadow


It's time to introduce you to my new design. 


Meet Daisy Meadow. 


Do you remember back in July when I was so inspired by the meadows on my trip to Norway? You  can read my Blomster post all about it. There were SO many wild flowers everywhere and my friends took me to meet an artist who painted wild flowers and had a meadow of his own. I made lots of drawings and took loads of photographs. I was so inspired.


I drew daisies, harebells, shepherds purse, stitchworts, grasses, pignuts and cow parsleys...


And here it is, six months later, engraved on a gravure cylinder and waiting for me at the wallpaper factory for production.


 The cylinder itself is a very beautiful thing.



Last week we went to the factory to colour test the design.


This is Roop, our assigned colourist for the day. What a guy. Incredibly skilled and a remarkable eye for mixing up colours.


Unbelievably all the subtle tones are mixed up using only these five colours!


Now I have the difficult decision of which ones to take to print.





I can only take three colours to print. Which ones should they be? I'd be interested to hear what you think.

9 comments:

Jacquie said...

Hi Hannah...I just love your design. So delicate and beautiful .
All the colour ways are adorable so it's hard to choose. I think I like the first two in this post and the yellow one the best.
Jacquie x

the wall company said...

beautiful~~ color way...

great job!!

Anonymous said...

Grey, yellow, green. Love these. Love the detail and accuracy. I have a wall in mind!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...


Blue yellow green as the print stands out better from a distance with the stronger colours and you can't see it all that well in the pink or grey. The yellow is great with the daisies! Lovely lovely lovely

Unknown said...

Beautiful design! I would go for the green one :) But I also like the blue and yellow design as well. I have a project in mind with the green one!

Allycoll said...

Stunning! I love the blue, green and yellow😃

Anonymous said...

Hello. I saw this wallpaper and wanted to ask if steel can buy it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...