Tuesday 19 January 2016

Daisy meadow print day


After much deliberation I decided on my three colours and last week we were away to the factory to get them printed.


 They like you to go there in person so you can sign off the colours but I don't mind going at all because a day at the factory is always exciting.


I love seeing the incredible machines doing their thing. This one is keeping track of the alignment as  250 metres of paper spins up and down and around printing my design.


Here is my gravure cylinder dipping into the trough of ink to lay the design down.


It's sucking it up from these big vats.


At the last minute the edges get trimmed and it all winds up on this huge roll.



It was hard to decide on my colours. I never thought I'd print a pink. I'm not really a pink person but the warmth of this dusky pink really grew on me while it's been hanging up in my studio these past weeks and I ended up loving it. We've called it 'Dusk'.


It sits so well next to the 'Sage' green and the 'Moonrise' blue too.


I'm very pleased with them. My collection is growing slowly but surely.

You can order colour samples on my website here. 

1 comment:

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Such a wonderful pattern. Gorgeous !
Best regards, Synnöve

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...